Published on July 17th, 2012 | by X-Dance0
IMPORTANT!YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH THE ONLINE FORM AND INCLUDE A HARD COPY WITH YOUR FILM
BOTH ARE REQUIRED
SUBMISSIONS - X-DANCE 13Please read all requirements carefully. Submisson requirements have changed. Most questions you have should be answered here.
FEATURE FILM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All submitted work must have been completed, or scheduled to be completed, between January 1, 2012, and November 8, 2012. ALL FILM SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COMPLETED AND SIGNED ENTRY FORMS, and 5 (five)-preview copies of the work on DVD’s in NTSC format for judging purposes. DVD’s must be labeled with the title and running time. Multiple entries may be submitted. However, each entry must be accompanied by a separate, completed signed entry forms, submission fees, and meet all submission requirements. ***Festival submissions will not be returned*** ***ALL 5 DVD'S MUST BE IN NTSC FORMAT. PAL SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED***
SHORT FILM ENTRY REQUIREMENTSShort Films are projects between 1-20 minutes in length and can range from PSA's to music videos. Entry Requirements are the same as Features and five (5) DVD copies in NTSC format will need to be submitted. All music will need to be cleared for internet and festival use in order to be qualified for the on-line short film festival. ***Submissions will not be returned*** ***ALL 5 DVD'S MUST BE IN NTSC FORMAT. PAL SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED***
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND FEESSubmissions will be accepted from July 1, 2012 to September 21, 2012
- Early Bird— $40 (Jul 1-Jul 31)
- Regular — $50 (Aug 1 - Sept 15)
- Late — $60 (Sept 16-21)
- Early Bird— $30 (Jul 1-Jul 31)
- Regular — $40 (Aug 1 - Sept 15)
- Late — $45 (Sept 16-21)
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCENotification of acceptance to finalists will be made by October 8, 2012. All entries will be notified via email and finalists will be posted on at http://www.x-dance.org/news/. Upon acceptance, feature films will require the following:
- Two minute trailer for possible Web use (For trailer specifics see below)
- High-resolution jpeg image of the DVD cover art
- One paragraph synopsis
- Filmmaker bio
- Press Packet and any PR materials
AWARDSSubmissions will be judged on the basis of five equal merits: CINEMATOGRAPHY, EDITING, STORY, MUSIC, and ACTION. JURY AWARDS will be given for BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST EDITING, BEST SOUNDTRACK, BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC, BEST CORE FILM, BEST ADVENTURE FILM, ATHLETE OF THE YEAR, BEST SHORT, EMERGING DIRECTOR, BEST BIOGRAPHY and BEST FILM. All works selected for screening receive four (4) VIP/All-Access passes for the 2012 X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival.
SHIPPING INFORMATIONEach entry must include the following for each film submitted:
TRAILER SPECIFICSX-dance will have media partners who will need a two-minute trailer with music cleared for Cable TV and internet use. Trailers must be submitted on DVD or digital file. This footage serves multiple purposes:
- Award-winning films will have this clip presented on the big screen at the Award Ceremony that may be streamed over the internet and/or on cable TV.
- On-line media and cable networks covering the X-dance Action Sports Film Festival will have access to this footage to include with filmmaker/athlete interviews and over all festival coverage.
- The trailer will be featured on the X-dance website and on partner websites promoting the Film Festival and your film. If you don’t have music cleared for broadcast, a trailer without music may be submitted.
- Specifically, you must provide all necessary licenses, clearances, releases or permissions (collectively “Rights”) and pay any and all necessary fees required in connection with the footage supplied in the two minute trailer, including, without limitation:
- all applicable music clearances and licenses in perpetuity throughout the universe for satellite, cable and free television (other than blanket performing rights and society public performance licenses with ASCAP and BMI, which shall be procured by X-dance’s broadcast partners),
- all licenses, consents, or releases for the use of the names, likenesses, trade and service marks of the individuals and entities associated with or appearing in the two-minute trailer;
- all applicable fees for the license or use of third party footage appearing in the two-minute trailer; and
- all releases for locations (when applicable) and artwork (if any) appearing in the two-minute trailer.